Curso de Intensive Spanish Language Summer School for Health Science Students (100 hours)
Course description Intensive Spanish Language Summer School for Health Science Students (100 hours)
The intensive Spanish course for Health Sciences students is designed so that the student has 50 or 100 hours of contact and develops an independent learning process during their free time, as part of their preparation. They can take advantage of the facilities offered by the language immersion of the environment and the social cultural activities of Zaragoza. The course consists of Spanish language classes, where all oral and written skills are taught weekly in classes and workshops. Students of the same level will be grouped together in all language-related activities and the workshops will be specific for Faculty of Health Sciences students. The theme will be selected by the teacher and the students, according to their needs and the group's specialty. The classes will take place both inside and outside the classrooms, making the most of real-life situations, the language immersion and the available facilities.
The classes are distributed weekly by subject:
• 2 hours a day of Language Use (production and interaction in the areas of oral expression and listening comprehension),
• 2 hours a day of Language Use (production and interaction in the areas of written expression and reading comprehension),
• 1 hour a week of Workshop: Introduction to Hispanic-Spanish History and Culture, (LSP) Business, Sport or Health Sciences Spanish, Gastronomy and Leisure, Cinema, etc.
• 4-5 hours a week of "Discovery Workshop" at the end of each week where all the groups meet once a week visiting Zaragoza, usually the most important historical or social cultural environments, and participating on amazing activities organized specially for them.
Activities included in the course: Each course consists of fixed activities in the programme, usually those related to the most important historical or social cultural environments in Zaragoza and its surroundings. However, depending on the month, Zaragoza offers a variety of cultural or sports activities that allow our students to get closer to and more involved in our culture. An example of the fixed activities are:
- Guided day trips to the historic centre of Zaragoza.
- Guided visits to historic and tourist centres on the outskirts of Zaragoza.
- Visits to trade fairs or local companies as supplementary activities to the workshops.
Extracurricular Activities: In addition to the Spanish course, Acento helps to organise different activities for students who want to discover Saragossa and other famous cities in Spain, including:
• Excursions to spend the weekend in different and amazing places in Aragon, with sports activities: hiking, mountaineering and of course, enjoying the local gastronomy!
• Guided tours to other nearby cities, such as Madrid and Barcelona, with transportation and accommodation included.
* Cost of activities not included in the total price. Information will be provided during the course
Accommodation: The price does not include the accommodation. The University provides three possibilities for choosing accommodation, depending on the preferences of each student. The total price of the course will depend on the accommodation choice.
*Reductions: Reduced rates are applied to the students admitted for undergraduate programs from the Faculty of Health Sciences for the academic year 2018/19.