Curso de Intensive Spanish Course I (50 hours)
Course description Intensive Spanish Course I (50 hours)
The Spanish course is designed so that the student has 50 hours of contact and develops independent learning during their free time, as part of their training, taking advantage of the facilities offered by the linguistic immersion of the environment and the social and cultural offering of Zaragoza. The course consists of Spanish Language classes, where all oral and written skills are taught with classes and workshops taught weekly. The variety of the themed workshops will depend on the level of the student, with workshops on an introduction to Hispanic history and culture, the role of Spain within the European Union, Spanish for business, sports and health sciences, an introduction to current Spanish culture, etc. The classes will take place both inside and outside the classrooms, taking advantage of real-life scenarios, the language immersion and the facilities of the setting.
This course is also designed for those students who want to prepare for the Instituto Cervantes DELE official examination (A2) and obtain the DELE Official Diploma. The Instituto Cervantes examinations follow the rules of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (MCERL) and San Jorge University is an examination centre for those students who are interested in sitting these exams of international validity. The closest date to the course to sit the exam is 14 July, although the deadline for registration is 24 May. For those interested in sitting this exam or for more information about them, pleas contact us.
The classes are distributed weekly by subject:
- 2 hours a day of Language Use (production and interaction in the areas of oral expression and listening comprehension),
- 2 hours a day of Language Use (production and interaction in the areas of written expression and reading comprehension),
- 2 hours a week of Workshops: Introduction to Hispanic-Spanish History and Culture, Business Spanish, Sport Spanish, Gastronomy and Leisure, Cinema, etc.
- 2 hours a week of "Expression Workshop" at the end of each week. This oral expression workshop allows all students to meet once a week, get to know each other and share their experiences in the classroom.
Levels: The Intensive Spanish course is available for levels:
- A1 (elementary)
- A2 (beginners)*
* Possibility of sitting the official DELE examination. DELE official exam fees not included in the total price.
Activities included in the course: Each course consists of fixed activities in the programme, usually those related to the most important historical or social cultural environments in Zaragoza and its surroundings. However, depending on the month, Zaragoza offers a variety of cultural or sports activities that allow our students to get closer to and more involved in our culture. An example of the fixed activities are:
- Guided day trips to the historic centre of Zaragoza.
- Guided visits to historic and tourist centres on the outskirts of Zaragoza.
- Visits to trade fairs or local companies as supplementary activities to the workshops.
Extracurricular Activities: In addition to the classes and workshops, and the activities included in the course, Acento organises different extracurricular activities for students who want to take advantage of the strategic location of Zaragoza and discover other famous cities in Spain, including:
- Excursions to spend the weekend in different and amazing places in Aragon, with sports activities: hiking, mountaineering and of course, enjoying the local gastronomy!
- Guided tours to other nearby cities, such as Madrid and Barcelona, with transportation and accommodation included.
* All activities will be announced on our website monthly so that the student can select and sign up for the ones they prefer. Depending on the activity, the number of participants may vary. Cost of activities not included in the total price.
Accommodation: If you are interested in booking course+accommodation, lodgement for the Spanish courses in July is offered at Residencia Universitaria Goya on a full board basis (next to the Residence and on Campus). All rooms are individual with a private bathroom. They have a small kitcken and Wi-Fi connection. In addition, students can use the gym, leisure areas, etc. The accommodation is very well located and stands out for its multicultural environment, as well as for its different communal areas and self-service areas, which allow students to mix with one another during their stay. For more information, consult the website www.residenciauniversitariagoya.es.
Transportation: The University offers students a free bus network. For more information, click here.
*Reductions: Reduced rates are applied to the students from partner universities of San Jorge University with ongoing agreement.