Study abroad Spring semester
Course description Spring semester
The spring semester is one of the courses that the university offers that is most successful among students who wish to take a language immersion course in Zaragoza in a period of the year loaded with traditional events deeply rooted in Spanish culture such as, for example, The Three Wise Men, Saint Valero´s day or the Holy Week. In addition, it is an excellent opportunity to discover Zaragoza and its surroundings at the end of winter and in the good weather of spring. Acento combines Spanish classes in and outside the classroom with extracurricular activities and workshops that, thanks to the student’s linguistic immersion, ensures effective, practical and comprehensive learning.
This course is also designed for those students who want to prepare for the Instituto Cervantes DELE official examination and obtain the DELE Official Diploma. The Instituto Cervantes examinations follow the rules of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (MCERL). For those interested in sitting this exam or for more information about them, click here.
The classes are distributed weekly by subject:
- • 1.45 hour a day of Language Use (production and interaction in the areas of oral expression and listening comprehension),
- • 1.45 hour a day of Language Use (production and interaction in the areas of written expression and reading comprehension),
- • 1 hour a week of Workshop Introduction to Hispanic-Spanish History and Culture.
Levels: The Intensive Spanish course is available for levels:
- A1 (elementary)
- A2 (beginners) *
- B1 (Intermediate)*
* Possibility of sitting the official DELE examination. DELE official exam fees not included in the total price.
Activities included in the course: Each course consists of fixed activities in the programme, usually those related to the most important historical or social cultural environments in Zaragoza and its surroundings. However, depending on the month, Zaragoza offers a variety of cultural or sports activities that allow our students to get closer to and more involved in our culture. An example of the fixed activities is:
- Guided day trips to the historic centre of Zaragoza.
- Guided visits to historic and tourist centres on the outskirts of Zaragoza.
- Visits to trade fairs or local companies as supplementary activities to the workshops.
Extracurricular Activities: In addition to the classes and workshops, and the activities included in the course, Acento helps to organise different extracurricular activities for students who want to take advantage of the strategic location of Zaragoza and discover other famous cities in Spain, including:
- Excursions to spend the weekend in different and amazing places in Aragon, with sports activities: hiking, mountaineering and of course, enjoying the local gastronomy!
- Guided tours to other nearby cities, such as Madrid and Barcelona, with transportation and accommodation included.
* Cost of activities not included in the total price. Information about the activities will be provided during the course.
Accommodation: The University provides three possibilities for choosing accommodation, depending on the preferences of each student. The total price of the course will depend on the accommodation choice. For more information about the accommodation, consult here.
*The price does not include the accommodation.
Transportation: The University offers students a free bus network. For more information, click here.
*Reductions: Reduced rates are applied to the students from partner universities of San Jorge University with ongoing agreement.